Nobody wants to move into the fall and winter with clutter we don’t need in our garages!
Let’s have another...
Neighborhood Garage Sale.
So if you are wanting to get rid of some unwanted stuff and make a few bucks in the process, drag your treasures out on...
Saturday, September 10, 2011
When you would like to begin is up to you, however I will be up at 6:00am to begin placing signs throughout the neighborhood leading shoppers to us. I will place signs at all the major intersections such as Jackson School Rd/Arrington, Cornell/Arrington, Cornell/Grant, Grant/Delsey and more. I will also place advertisements in the Hillsboro Argus, Craigslist, Garagesalehunter.com, and more.
1. Why a neighborhood garage sale? A group sale is better then selling alone. More stuff draws more traffic.
2. Be prepared. Be ready to go the night before so that you don’t have to rush around in the morning.
3. Plan your sale layout with customers in mind, and have items sorted. (Clothing, toys, dishes, etc.)
4. Price things carefully.
5. Label things well.
6. Be friendly. Greet people as they arrive.
7. Do not bad-mouth your items.
8. Be willing to bargain, but be less flexible at the start.
9. Keep a ledger. Jot down a description of each item and how much you sold it for.
10. Do not use a cash box. Keep your money on you at all times.